These resources are provided in an effort to ensure compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and to assist the pre-hospital and hospital providers within the CVEMSA Region with their compliance.
- Memo to Provider Agencies: HIPAA Compliance (pdf)
- Position Paper: Patient Information Disclosure to Support Billing Activities (pdf)
- Position Paper: Application of HIPAA Regulations to EPCIS Database Transactions (pdf)
- Other Online Resources (pdf)
This list of online resources is provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Local EMS Agency HIPAA Responsibilities (pdf)
This State EMS Authority memorandum provides statewide guidance regarding a Local EMS Agency's potential status as a "Covered Entity", "Business Associate", or "Trading Partner" as defined in the HIPAA privacy regulation.
Disclaimer: This information does not constitute legal advice. It is not a substitute for legal or other professional advice. Users should consult their own legal counsel for advice regarding the application of law and the information in this document a it applies to HIPAA regulations.