Training and Education
ALS Update Class Presentations (NEW!)
Check this page for handouts and presentation material from the CVEMSA ALS Update Class
EMS Agency Medical Director Dr. Mark Luoto shared this presentation on "just-in-time" stress manangement from the EMCrit website with students at the October 2018 class.
Educational Opportunities (NEW!)
Watch this section for information on upcoming events, symposiums and classes relevant for EMS System Providers and Partners!
Some upcoming training events:
CVEMSA Training Modules
BLS Update Training
July 2017 revisions to the California Code of Regulations (CCR) have expanded the EMT scope of practice to include the addition of EMT-administered epinephrine, naloxone and use of glucometers within the organized EMS system.
This free class will fulfill the requirement for all EMTs to provide proof of completion of expanded scope of practice training when renewing certification on or after July 1, 2019. This class will fulfill that requirement and upon successful completion students will meet the new state standard for EMT practice.
- Presentation: Cardiac Arrest Management (CAM) Training
- Video: Cardiac Arrest Management 2015
- Template letter
Oxygen Administration in the Field
MCI Management Plan
- Presentation: 2002 MCI Plan, ALS & BLS Providers MCI Update Training (pdf)
- Multi-Casualty Incident (MCI) Plan
Transport of Intravenous Heparin and Nitroglycerin
- Presentation: Transport of Intravenous Heparin and Nitroglycerin (pdf)
- Policy: 9902 Intravenous Infusions of Heparin & Nitroglycerin (pdf)
CVEMSA ALS Update (Required for Paramedic initial and ongoing Accreditation)
- 2020 Update and Skills Review for Paramedics Schedule - Santa Rosa Junior College
EMS Training Organizations
- Verihealth Training Institute: Continuing Education Courses
Offers a variety of continuing education, including American Heart Association ACLS, BLS, and PALS classes.
- Critical Care Training Institute Offers ACLS, PALS
- Survival CPR & First Aid Offers ACLS, BLS, EMT Skills Verification
- CareEdge Advanced Healthcare Training Offers ACLS and EMT Skills Verification
Coastal Valleys EMS Agency Approved EMS Continuing Education Providers
- Approved CE Providers Database
CVEMSA Authorized EMT and Paramedic Training Programs
- Coast Life Support District
- Mendocino College
- Mendocino County Office of Education Regional Occupational Program
- Santa Rosa Junior College Public Safety Training Center
Online Training Websites
The following websites offer a variety of online continuing education opportunities. These links are subject to change, and are not under teh approval authority of CVEMSA. Please direct questions about these opportunities to the host institution.